Why should I link credit or debit card since I have already have linked my bank account

vags11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I am trying to complete a payment through PAYPAL and it shows me that i have to link my debit or credit card before i proceed. Why should I link my credit or debit card since I have already linked my bank account? I've made many payments (p.e. in EBAY) without this extra requirement.

Please advise, because i have to complete my purchase asap.

Thank you in advance people.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vags11 

Some merchants want payment via the more secure card options and block other funding types via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vags11 

Some merchants want payment via the more secure card options and block other funding types via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vags11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Digikey.com told me that i have to resolve this with paypal directly, but it doesn't seem to work.

In other words, what you are saying is that the merchant (digikey.com) added this requirement (linking the debit/credit card), is this correct?

Login to Me Too

imakarchuk
New Community Member

I have the same issue here. Could you please advise you've managed to fix it and how exactly? Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too

Rmont
New Community Member

I have the same issue. Please, someone help us!

Login to Me Too

vags11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Digikey.com told me that i have to resolve this with paypal directly, but it doesn't seem to work.

In other words, what you are saying is that the merchant (digikey.com) added this requirement (linking the debit/credit card), is this correct?

Login to Me Too

vags11
Contributor
Contributor

this topic says it is solved... not for me. The merchant says i sould resolve with paypal, and here at paypal you say that the merchant has that requirement..

So, what should i do to proceed with payment without debit card ???

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.