Why request for US account? I live in Kenya.

wamuthaka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. For the last couple of months, I cannot access my payments because Paypal keeps asking me for a United States Bank account. I do not have one as i live in KENYA. I have received quite a number of codes (with the commensurate deductions, without being able to "confirm my card details".

What is the TELEPHONE NUMBER that i can reach Paypal on? The one provided on the site -14025174519- does not work. I am frustrated.

Agnes.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wamuthaka

You can't withdraw to a local bank account in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

However, in Kenya there are also a couple of partnerships that allow the movement of funds via other services - M-PESA and Equity Bank.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wamuthaka

You can't withdraw to a local bank account in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

However, in Kenya there are also a couple of partnerships that allow the movement of funds via other services - M-PESA and Equity Bank.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wamuthaka
Contributor
Contributor
I do not see an option for payment through Mpesa as advised?
Login to Me Too

john-mathew
Contributor
Contributor

am looking for that option as well 

@wamuthaka wrote:
I do not see an option for payment through Mpesa as advised?

Login to Me Too

thetea
Contributor
Contributor
Hi... we're you able to resolve the issue? I'm experiencing the same thing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.