Why isn't paypal using the other payment method when one fails?

3molga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I currently have my bank account and mastercard connected to paypal. I have noticed that my payments have been coming from my bank account that doesn't have the funds, instead of coming from my mastercard. Is there anyway to tell PayPal to switch methods if there isn't enough funds? Tired of the nsf fees and sudden drops in my account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3molga

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

During checkout it tells you where the funds will be debited from, if you want to change it then click on 'change' during the payment process and select another option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3molga

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

During checkout it tells you where the funds will be debited from, if you want to change it then click on 'change' during the payment process and select another option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.