Why is Paypal no longer accepting bitcoin transfers from Coinbase or other sources?

Metalhead1000
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says. Before, Coinbase had the ability to send crypto currency earnings to paypal and now it no longer does. Looking for other methods,I find many other places that say they did but no longer can send to paypal,which leads me to believe that it is something paypal itself has done. This was a great source of cash for me,as I make nearly 150 dollars per month on combined bitcoin and ethereum mining. Now I am at a lossof what to do with what I earn. Paypal was the perfect thing. It needs to allow it again! Will it ever bring it back? There is no way they can make the "it is not valueable" argument. Its worth $8,500 right now and that is a lot and ethereum is nearly worth $600. I really hope they work out a deal with Coinbase,at least. Its the biggest crypto wallet online and is worth working with. I know I can link my bank account to it but I do not put those online,not there or here on paypal. Give us back our bitcoin transfers,please? I tried emailing paypal itself too,btw. Got no response. It has been a week roughly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BbqDad
New Community Member

I am in the same boat. I am mining XMR Monero and there is a way to sell and xfer into Coinbase as any number of currency.  I would like to start accepting crypto-currency via paypal however as many countries like Nigeria are more bitcoin aware than anything else.

I was just reading an article https://money.cnn.com/2014/09/26/technology/paypal-bitcoin/index.html

This article was PayPal telling CNN that they were into Crypto and it was more than skin deep. They released it and now no one is saying why they took it away?

If you find any info let me know, I am also interested in Online Crypto Mining methods for various currency... BTW Opera was a hardware wallet for ETH and their Browser is in beta to provide transactions.

I am running the beta of Opera with Crypto Wallet built in.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.