Why is PayPal asking for a payment method when I have already added my bank?

Agent773
So I added my bank but it won't let me pay with it on websites what do I do
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Agent773 

During checkout process when it asks to add a card, should be just above the form. 

Also select the bank as your preferred payment method on your wallet page or going to Account settings (gear icon) > Payments > Online Purchases

Then when paying, it should let you select your bank or pre-selected but may ask for a back up funding source during checkout (select card).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Agent773 

Either the website is asking for a card to set up a billing agreement to streamline checkout experience for future orders and back up funding source or PayPal asking for a back up funding source for the one time payment. Click "Change" link to select a linked card if do not want to add a new card.

Login to Me Too

Agent773
Where is the change link @sharpiemarker
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Agent773 

During checkout process when it asks to add a card, should be just above the form. 

Also select the bank as your preferred payment method on your wallet page or going to Account settings (gear icon) > Payments > Online Purchases

Then when paying, it should let you select your bank or pre-selected but may ask for a back up funding source during checkout (select card).

Login to Me Too

pegah2
Contributor
Contributor
Why is PayPal asking for a payment method when I have already added my bank? I’m having the same issue! Help
Login to Me Too

LongsonFullmeta
Contributor
Contributor

Tried this, and it's not working. 
I got prefered payment method for online shopping and for stores set as my bank account in my account settings, however whenever I try to make a purchase PayPal keeps asking me to "add a payment method" and when I add my bank details again, the fields just empty out and there is nothing else I can do. 
I have more than enough money on my bank account no open payments, nothing. 
Paypal just keeps messing with me over and over again. Nothing is working as intended it's just amazing how broken this website is. 

Login to Me Too

Agent773
It doesnt give me the option it says Your PayPal account is missing a payment method. Please add a card to continue. @sharpiemarker
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Agent773 

So what happened, it worked? 😀

Login to Me Too

Agent773
No I add a card and set my bank account to my preferred method of payment but it doesn't give me an option to pay with the bank
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Agent773 

Still? Hmm. So you added the card during checkout, yes? Do you see the card in the Wallet? Does it ask you to confirm it?

Weird why its not letting you use the bank other than security not letting you use it for some risk issue. Did you have a recent issue paying with your bank recently? Like a bounced payment? PayPal protecting the account and wanting you to use a card. sometimes why something doesn't work is unexplainable. It's all run by software. I'm trying to think of the reasons...does your name on bank account match what's in your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.