Why hasn't my payment cleared paypal??

akathegreat
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a payment to a vendor on Saturday, Oct 24th, the payment charged my bank on Monday the 26th, the app states that PayPal echeck would clear yesterday, but it didnt. It still says pending. The guy wont let me get what I bought until it clears, what's the deal??? And also, why cant I get a hold of a human representative with any PayPal support numbers? So frustrating!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akathegreat 

Instant transfers are when paypal credits the seller upfront and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from the bank account this is to make sure that there is no delay in the dispatch of your item. Its not really 'instant' as they are all echecks but its called instant because paypal credits that seller upfront.

But an echeck is sent when the sender does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account. Also it happens for friends/family payments or if paypal think their is any risk with the transaction.

As echecks can fail then the seller is right to await clearance, the clearance date is an estimate as it depends on the banks processing times, paypal can't do anything until they receive the funds, normally clears on or around the date given though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akathegreat 

Instant transfers are when paypal credits the seller upfront and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from the bank account this is to make sure that there is no delay in the dispatch of your item. Its not really 'instant' as they are all echecks but its called instant because paypal credits that seller upfront.

But an echeck is sent when the sender does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account. Also it happens for friends/family payments or if paypal think their is any risk with the transaction.

As echecks can fail then the seller is right to await clearance, the clearance date is an estimate as it depends on the banks processing times, paypal can't do anything until they receive the funds, normally clears on or around the date given though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.