Why hasn’t my card been debited?

JackBucknall
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i recently refunded a buyer (£375) and on the transaction, in activity, it says the refund is complete. The buyer has also confirmed they have received the refund.

but when I log into my account I can’t see any trace of the transaction, I know it can take a while for the transaction to appear but I mean like my balance and available balance haven’t been affected.

so are PayPal late in debiting my card or have I just got £375?

thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JackBucknall 

A seller in the UK can only refund via cleared funds in their paypal balance OR from their bank account (not a debit card).

So for it to go from your balance you would need to have the full amount cleared in there or paypal will take from the bank account instead, and it will leave that bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JackBucknall
Contributor
Contributor

Well I used my bank, so will I see the transaction as marked in a few days ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JackBucknall 

ok wonder why you said your 'balance' wasn't affected if you didn't use your balance but a bank account.

You also mentioned a debit card which was also confusing as you can't refund that way.

But yes it should be debited from your bank account at any point from a few hours up to a few days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.