Why does Paypal force me to pay by card and won't allow me to use bank account?

jfrigobestprice
New Community Member

I seem to have the opposite problem as most people here. I want to pay my affiliates with money from my bank, but the only option Paypal presents me with is to pay by card. Up until recently I only had a bank account linked. Paypal forced me to link a card which I did, however whenever I make a payment be it paying for goods and services or sending to friends it will only let me pay by card. I want to pay from bank account to keep accounting simpler. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jfrigobestprice
New Community Member

I have not. I did however just get off a chat with support, apparently it's due to the person I'm trying to pay, for whatever reason they are saying they are forcing me to use a safer payment option, not sure if it's because it's international or what but I can only pay this individual by card not bank transfer. A bit of a headache since for accounting purposes I try to keep everything through the bank but will have to make an exception for this one single payment. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jfrigobestprice 

Have you had any failed bank transfers or a negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

jfrigobestprice
New Community Member

I have not. I did however just get off a chat with support, apparently it's due to the person I'm trying to pay, for whatever reason they are saying they are forcing me to use a safer payment option, not sure if it's because it's international or what but I can only pay this individual by card not bank transfer. A bit of a headache since for accounting purposes I try to keep everything through the bank but will have to make an exception for this one single payment. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.