Why can´t i change the option for automatic currency conversion

cteixeir
New Community Member

I have automatic payments arriving in different currencies and my bank account supports multiple currencies, therefore i dont  need paypal to convert the currency, but for automatic payments there is always a currency conversion done by Paypal when the currency of the payment does not match the country currency of my card.

This option was available in the past, to be disabled the automatic conversion, but now has been removed and this way Payapl is forcing us to pay the exchange rates automatically that they have even if there is no need.

This sounds very much like paypal is playing a dangerous game of unfair competition, since some of their biggest competitors are able to convert currency with zero costs. and this way they make those competitors cars useless when linked to paypal. 

I guess that a reply to clarify this would help, otherwise this is a case for a complaint to the responsible authorities for unfair competition rules infringement.

What do you have to say in your defence paypal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.