Why can't I receive money through PayPal?

Soraya1402
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm having a problem here. I have a personal account and I'm in Bosnia. When my friends from Belgium or Germany tried to send me money through PayPal, they said it doesn't work. I can't find out why this option is not available for me. Does anyone have a solution?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jae

Hi there @Soraya1402,

I'm sorry to hear your friend was unable to send you a payment. Are they sending the funds to you in a different currency? If so, you would have to add that currency to your PayPal account to accept it. Here is how to add different currencies to your profile. 

If not, please ensure your email address is confirmed and you don't have unresolved issues in the Resolution Center stopping you from receiving payments. If everything seems clear on your end, it may be your friend's PayPal account that is having troubles. They can reach our Customer Service by clicking the Help & Contact link at the bottom of PayPal's page. 

Hope this helps!

Jae

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Jae

Hi there @Soraya1402,

I'm sorry to hear your friend was unable to send you a payment. Are they sending the funds to you in a different currency? If so, you would have to add that currency to your PayPal account to accept it. Here is how to add different currencies to your profile. 

If not, please ensure your email address is confirmed and you don't have unresolved issues in the Resolution Center stopping you from receiving payments. If everything seems clear on your end, it may be your friend's PayPal account that is having troubles. They can reach our Customer Service by clicking the Help & Contact link at the bottom of PayPal's page. 

Hope this helps!

Jae

Login to Me Too

Soraya1402
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Jae, could it really be such a simple solution? Wow, thank you so much! I didn't even know I could add or change currencies that I could accept onto my PayPal account. And I didn't know THIS could be a problem, wow! Thanks a lot again, I added Euro to my account and hope everything will work now as it should!
Login to Me Too

ibraka86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Im from Bosnia and I have the same problem.The company trying to pay me the money and they failed.

I tried everything you said and I did not succeed.

What is the solution here?

Support doesnt respond to my messages...

Login to Me Too

Asirem
Contributor
Contributor

Have you solved your issue @ibraka86 in the meantime? Because I have the same problem. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.