Why can't I change default currency on my account ?

brayveheart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a standard PayPal account and default currency is USD. It also has GBP listed. There appears to be no way to action changing my default currency from USD to GBP. I go into Wallet and it shows the following screen. WHen I click 3 elipses next to GBP nothing happens. Have changed browser, device etc etc all same. Added HKD to see whether that would work; it doesn't!  Help !Paypal.jpg 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Joanis
New Community Member

Same issue but its in GBP. I use Euro. Recently linked my Perx reward MasterCard to Paypal. i have been buying stuff online (all in Ireland and all in Euro) yet its converted in Pounds and i am charged a few euro more per transaction for this transaction which makes no sense as all Irish companies. I rang my Perx card holders and they said that its a common issue with Paypal and currency issues but Paypal wont take any account for it. I linked my Perx card to Paypal last year and didn't have this problem so its obviously something to do with Brexit. I am interested to see if anyone else knows more about this currency issue as PayPal won't take accountability whatsoever. There is about €40 extra in charges made on the transactions so id really like it sorted!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.