Why can I not pay with my PayPal balance?

AgentMC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community

I'm trying to purchasae stuff from Steam and I want to pay with the PP balance (the balance is like 6 times more than the amount).

However, PayPal opens the window "Select payment type" with only my banks and cards, no "PayPal balance" option.

In the past, I payed without any issue.

Any idea what's going on?

Best regards.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AgentMC 

Read the checkout screen carefully, it maybe asking you to select a back up payment method to set up a billing agreement in your automatic payments in PayPal to streamline your checkout experience for future purchases. Look for any fine print during the checkout process. It should let you use your PayPal balance; in such cases payment "should" always use the PayPal balance first by default and then the back up if you happen to not have enough.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AgentMC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response @sharpiemarker but it looks like I'll need to raise a ticket to PayPal Support. I carefully studied the window, and that's really a window of "Choose the way to pay" without an option to use PP balance. As you say in such cases it  should[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]ort of a bug.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.