Why PayPal doesn't refund fees when the buyer is refunded?

Ayay3
Contributor
Contributor

I am a private seller, and find that PayPal is getting more and more money motivated by the day. I have just refunded a buyer, for the item didn't fit them, so I am already at a loss. Ebay refunds all fees, even buyer told me to refund her minus the postage, which they didn't have to. Whereas papal cut 0.42 pence.

So, last time transaction fees was 30 pence, after raising from 20 p. When this fee went up to 42p? How do they justify a transaction fee, what cost does occur to them that they feel the need to cut fees. They provide no customer service on the phone, their chat service is so unbearable, representatives are rude and completely incompetent for their job, they have no understanding of the issue you ask, after repeating the same question 10 times backwards and forwards, they may or may not understand and give you a relevant answer. But even though failing on providing a resealable customer service, PayPal opportunistically does not fail on cutting every penny even from a non-sale once they find enough funds in your account, even these unprecedented public crises, when every other organisation offers to help.   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ayay3 

Ebay  only refund the final value fee, they keep any listing fees.

Paypal have provided you with the service of processing your initial buyer payment and then processing the refund for you so they charge for that service just like ebay charge you to list the item (unless you have the free option).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.