Why I cant get a refund?

200combo
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to pay someone using friends and family and typed in the email address with a capital letter. Come to find out pay pal sent it to the wrong person???? If it was $20 or so I would not raise such a fuss but $300 that they will not refund. I take part in some of the blame but when a address does not match what you type in someone or something should throw a RED flag up. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello,

@200combo,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

200combo
Contributor
Contributor

I have done that. I have talked with 3 different people and they tell me the same thing. Wait til the 26th so PayPal gets their $ then contact my bank  to find how to file a claim. I did that today and was told there is nothing they can do. It's all on PayPal to help with this but apparently they wont help either. So I am out $300 dollars! PayPal said the have no protocol for this situation??  I'm sure it's happen before. I even told them NO refund just send the money to the right person. Can't do that either. So I'm **bleep**...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.