Who is going to pay for my graphics card

Stolichnaya
New Community Member

So I have encountered and issue between Ebay and Paypal while trying to make a payment on an auction item that I had recently won. The option to pay through my debit/visa was available as I have made purchases though this method in the past, and the seller I was dealing with also excepted payment through this method. Once it came to to confirm the purchase, there was a denial of my debit/visa. So I tried my father's debit/visa and encountered the same error. So I' seen that there was and option to pay for the item using ebay gift codes. I went to my local store to purchase and obscene amount in gift cards and this also failed to complete the transaction. So I then went and purchased prepaid credit cards on top of the gift cards purchased to try this method. Obviously I made a mistake and wasted a lot of money on these cards. Finally I open and account with Paypal to try my final option of payment. I linked the credit cards, I linked my bank account information. But upon checkout through the paypal option, these cards were not recognized and it asked me to link a new card. What is this game paypal is trying to play. Am I excluded from purchasing a new gpu because I am Canadian? Please indulge me in the many reasons your process has failed to recognize my plethara of cards and why I will not be able to complete this purchase in the reasonable amount of time set be ebay when and auction item has been won. Enlighten me please.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stolichnaya 

Did you confirm bank accounts and codes with the 4 digit code sent to bank or card statements once you added them to your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.