Where's the money?

chichises
Contributor
Contributor

Someone sent me $3000 for a service and he even sent me the invoice that he paid for it. It says it'll take 30 days to go through since my account isn't verified. How do i know if my account is verified? How can i verify it? & can people take back the money they sent?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Your account gets verified by adding a bank account and verifying ownership of it through either online banking or by verifying the small deposits they make into it.

If they sent you a payment, that payment would show up in your account activity log, even if it's pending for any reason. If you don't see any payment there, then they did not trigger any payment. At least not to your account.

If you don't see the transaction in your activity log, ask them to provide a PayPal transaction ID for their payment so that you can look it up that way.

Also, I'm a little confused when you say "he sent me the invoice that he paid for it." Are you talking about an actual PayPal Invoice? That can only be created and sent by the seller, and the buyer would then pay that invoice. In this case, again, you would see that payment reflected in your account.

If they're sending you screenshots showing a payment that you cannot see in your own activity log, then it sounds like they are trying to scam you.

If you do see the payment there and it shows pending, click into the details of it and you should see some info about why it's pending and when you should expect the funds to be released.

Hope that helps!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.