When I buy something it takes from my bank account instead of paypal balance

sandracula
Contributor
Contributor

I don't get it. I was having this issue before so I called Paypal about it and she fixed it over the phone, or so we thought,  but it is still happening. I bought something tonight off of Ebay, chose to pay with my paypal, and sure enough the money came out of my bank account, not from my paypal balance. Why is this happening? 

I have money in my paypal, why am I unable to use it. I already gave them my other information that they needed so I should have access to doing whatever I want. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @sandracula,

It sounds like you may not have accepted the terms and completed the verification for a PayPal Cash account, which is required in order to use your balance for payments or purchases. Please check out this article for more information on PayPal Cash accounts and how to get verified. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Leanch82
Contributor
Contributor
ok well i did accept the terms and it's still doing it but only for some transactions. I'm now in serious debt for google play charges of less than 7 dollars a piece because each one came with a 36 dollar overdraft fee and a 12 dollar return fee. You even have it showing to pay with balance then bank. You aren't charging them when they happen either so every time i fix the issue with my bank 4 more bs transactions go through making it impossible to get forgiveness from my bank. Get it together paypal you literally have one job.. and stop hiding already, allow your customers the chance to speak with someone if you aren't going to make your site more capable of fixing things
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.