What is this transaction??

MotorsportAcces
New Community Member

Hi everyone

I am trying to reconcile my main business account and there are a number of transactions coming up in Xero as 'spent' for Paypal. I can't for the life of me find them when I login to the business Paypal account. It's like they don't exist. I was wondering perhaps if it was stock bought through the Paypal payment function and, as there may have been no funds in paypal, it came from the business account. The problem is I can't see what it paid for to be able to reconcile. I hope I am making sense. 

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MotorsportAcces 

Just because a payment was by bank account, there should be a record of the transaction in PayPal still.

One scenario is part of the payment came from PayPal balance and the rest came from the bank account: split payments. The part that came from the bank account won't be reflected separately in your PayPal activity though. PayPal would list split payments in one transaction. Cross reference by the transaction date or near it because bank payments tend to take longer to post and will post on different date than the original transaction PayPal date.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MotorsportAcces
New Community Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I have come to realise by going back to check if your suggestion might be the case, that in actual fact it is listed in US dollars instead of AUS dollars which threw me off! Have a great weekend and thanks again 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.