What is really going on here? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Billiardboss
Contributor
Contributor

All right, so  I sold pool table on market place. I offered delivery but required $100 up front. I chose to get this $100 via pay pal. I noticed it was on hold but figured maybe just be a day or so (its been like 4 since the $100). When I delivered and set up his table he tried to release money but it said he had to wait 48hrs.  Now 2 days after delivering the table, a total of 4 since the initial $100. I am still showing money pending and on hold. When trying to update order status I get an error stating pay pal is having technical difficulties. Man am I glad I only took the hundred up front via pay pal or I would really be buggin. Supposedly my funds wont be available until 12/6 which is BS. However the funds where available enough for pay pal to take there fees out... SMH

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Billiardboss 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

Also if you are a new seller going through the new seller hold then payments are released when tracking shows item as delivered + 1 day, if you don't send trackable then its 21 days.

Occasionally the buyer may get the 'confirm receipt' option on their paypal account, if they use it then funds may be released more quickly, not guaranteed though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Billiardboss 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

Also if you are a new seller going through the new seller hold then payments are released when tracking shows item as delivered + 1 day, if you don't send trackable then its 21 days.

Occasionally the buyer may get the 'confirm receipt' option on their paypal account, if they use it then funds may be released more quickly, not guaranteed though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Billiardboss
Contributor
Contributor
They have released my funds but thank you and you are right. I will never use pay pal for such an instance again. Only for items shipped.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.