What happened to Pay after delivery??

wyme
Contributor
Contributor

There was a while ago and just a few weeks ago, that all of my purchases from E bay were sent to PayPal and because I had it set in my options to receive pay after delivery, that's what I received. After the purchase I received an email that stated the receipt and WHEN the amount was going to be withdrawn from my linked bank account. Simple easy and a treat to manage my money. Now the last half dozen or so transactions it's disappeared! I rang PayPal yesterday and the young lady was helpful as best as she could be in saying that after going through the whole purchase procedure I would find out at the checkout whether or not that supplier would allow pay after delivery or pay now. Look I just want the truth! Pay after delivery has gone!!. Hasn't it? Because I've proved it enough in the last few transactions. It's put me off using PayPal now and more companies are coming into availability that offer thirty days credit and no fees as long as you pay in the allotted time. I'll be watching closely when these companies may become available with eBay but I know the two companies are joined at the hip, so that's not going to happen. So please tell the truth and bring it back and let us know the customers, when it is back. I seem to remember that this PAD disappeared when the GST was introduced. How many of you have this problem? Pray tell,Please.

Paul

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

wyme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Nevada,

Cs need to update their responses then, when this question is asked. They told me that you will find out when you are at the checkout. 

Paul 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it was no longer offered long ago,search this forum.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyme

PAD was discontinued in SOME countries so @nevadasmith has given you U.S info only.

PAD is still available in many other countries including the UK.

It 'may' or 'may not' be discontinued in your country, so your best bet is to contact c.s in your own country for confirmation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

wyme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Nevada,

Cs need to update their responses then, when this question is asked. They told me that you will find out when you are at the checkout. 

Paul 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyme

Customer services were correct, even if its available in your country the option to use it is only if its also 'offered' at checkout.

Personally I would never use it, it gives you no more buyer protection just a few days extra before paypal take your funds.

I prefer to fund my purchases with a credit card that does give more protection.

Whilst its still available here I don't think it is 'offered' as much, guess that would depend on paypals cash flow status at any given time  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@wyme

Customer services were correct, even if its available in your country the option to use it is only if its also 'offered' at checkout.

Personally I would never use it, it gives you no more buyer protection just a few days extra before paypal take your funds.

I prefer to fund my purchases with a credit card that does give more protection.

Whilst its still available here I don't think it is 'offered' as much, guess that would depend on paypals cash flow status at any given time  Smiley Wink

I am not aware PAD is still available outside US.

When Paypal offered PAD,it skips paying its cc processor fees for processing cc transaction,it will debit your bank account via ACH which is free after x number of days you made the purchase,so Paypal saves some money there.

BUT,there are risks involved for both parties ,if you don't have enough fund In your bank account,when Paypal access your account,your bank will slap NSF which is $35-55 these days .

Paypal then wait 2 days and try again,and if not enough fund,another round of NSF from your bank.

Then Paypal quitted trying and could remove your PAD privilege and ask you to pay up,or send a collection agency after you.

why don't these buyers use their cc card?

some do not have a credit card,or max out on their card. OR THEY just do n ot want to use their credit card.

They time their payroll check deposit to makes sure they have enough fund in their bank account when Paypal accesses their bank account,it was 14 days after purchase,then it was cut down to less days,then Paypal removed PAD completely in USA/

you can apply for a Paypal debit card which taps your PAYPAL fund,backed by your bank account,there are daily limit and transaction limit,check it out   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith wrote:

I am not aware PAD is still available outside US.

When Paypal offered PAD,it skips paying its cc processor fees for processing cc transaction,it will debit your bank account via ACH which is free after x number of days you made the purchase,so Paypal saves some money there.

BUT,there are risks involved for both parties ,if you don't have enough fund In your bank account,when Paypal access your account,your bank will slap NSF which is $35-55 these days .

Paypal then wait 2 days and try again,and if not enough fund,another round of NSF from your bank.

Then Paypal quitted trying and could remove your PAD privilege and ask you to pay up,or send a collection agency after you.

why don't these buyers use their cc card?

some do not have a credit card,or max out on their card. OR THEY just do n ot want to use their credit card.

They time their payroll check deposit to makes sure they have enough fund in their bank account when Paypal accesses their bank account,it was 14 days after purchase,then it was cut down to less days,then Paypal removed PAD completely in USA/

you can apply for a Paypal debit card which taps your PAYPAL fund,backed by your bank account,there are daily limit and transaction limit,check it out   

i know you are not 'aware' but it is still available, it was stopped in the U.S but continues in the UK and some other countries.

Also I 'am aware' of why some folks use it which is why I stated 'personally I do not use it' and gave my reasons.

I was not talking about why others use it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.