What are the factors/requirements for Instant Transfers?

grandmadonna

I have been receiving instant transfer payments all month long. My husband works out of town and this is how he sends bill money, grocery money, etc. while he is away. He sends the money via one of his two linked bank accounts and it is instantly credited to my PayPal account for spending, at least up until yesterday.

When I call to get information on why this particular payment is subjected to an "e-check pending" hold when others have not been, I feel like I was given every reason except the truth. I say this because I was told first it was "your bank holding the money", an hour later I was told "we foot the money to you when you do instant transfers and this payment is too large" - which would make complete sense if it was CONSISTENT.  You see, just two weeks ago my husband sent a payment of $900 via this same instant transfer method and it was instantly credited to the receivers PayPal account. How is $350 too large to foot, but not $900? 

Oh, and I can't forget about the customer service rep who argued with me saying "It never comes instantly" basically calling me stupid.

I would completely understand the policy and/or reasons if they were consistent across the board, but it seems to be set up as a "whenever we decide to **bleep** the user" type of deal. 

Are they any requirements and/or LEGIT consistent policies that go with the instant transfer OR is it merely whatever PayPal decided to do as they came in? I honestly would like to know, because I can't seem to get a straight answer and the answers I do get have not added up to what has actually happened before.

PS. I have never had a credit/debit card linked from my bank accounts, so please don't tell me that is the problem - as it has NOT stopped instant transfers before. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Isaak2
New Community Member

Hi, I just started having this same problem today! I use paypal constantly and have never had any problems with the instant transfer! I was wondering if you were ever able to find a solution! 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

when someone sent you fund from his bank account or credit/debit,it is never instant as it takes time to collect the fund,so Paypal is right,instant transfer is Paypal giving you the money in advance and then collect it from bank/card days later.

If your hubby links a credit card and in good standing,instant transfer is available,size of amount does come into play as Papal is advancing the money,could be Paypal has other expenses it has to meet,so you just have to be patient.

if you must have the money fast,ask him to use western union or moneygram or just give you a larger sum in advance

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.