We're sorry. We were unable to set up pre-approved payments. Please try again later.

JPDabbles
New Community Member
I'm trying to subscribe to a very globally known and trusted software provider, but receiving this error. I am an expatriate and frequently run into fraud prevention system issues, so I assume this is related. Chalk it up to yet another challenge faced by expatriates. What I have tried: - Verified my account details are all up to date with no security alerts - Confirmed I have multiple, valid and active payment methods on file - Searched for this issue and found no usable solutions online - Verified that others have successfully used Paypal to subscribe the purchase - Attempted to make the charge via other devices that are "trusted/tenured" with Paypal, and using networks that Paypal has on file (my WiFi) The problem is... There is no support, and here's why: - Searching this yields no usable solutions except to call customer support - The support line for calls is closed (is Paypal the only service in the world without call center staff working from home?) - This leaves Help articles, which were not helpful - This leaves the Resolution Center which only applies to existing charges, not directly declined charges - With all of these outlets exhausted, my only possibility is to come here and pose the issue, which none of you can assist with So, I will be forced to make the charge directly to my card, which I prefer to avoid as I lose all of the benefits added by Paypal (such as seamless international conversions and the ability to easily cancel recurring bills). What a shame.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JPDabbles
New Community Member
I had formatted that post with paragraphs, but it all came out as a huge wall of text. Sorry for that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.