We’ll use your balance first

krakatowa
Contributor
Contributor

What does this even mean?  I am authorizing PayPal to use my credit card as pre-authorized payments--'we'll use your balance first' ???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey krakatowa,

Great question - if you have a PayPal balance on your account when you complete a payment, we'll pull the funds from your PayPal balance before we charge the card. This means if you have a balance of $5.00 USD and you're making a purchase for $10.00 USD, we'll take the $5.00 USD from your balance and pull the remaining $5.00 USD from your card. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey krakatowa,

Great question - if you have a PayPal balance on your account when you complete a payment, we'll pull the funds from your PayPal balance before we charge the card. This means if you have a balance of $5.00 USD and you're making a purchase for $10.00 USD, we'll take the $5.00 USD from your balance and pull the remaining $5.00 USD from your card. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

laundrymonster
Contributor
Contributor

What if I don't want this?

Login to Me Too

Ponosunrider
Contributor
Contributor
Likewise. How do we turn off “We’ll use your balance first”?
Login to Me Too

krakatowa
Contributor
Contributor

This IS very helpful, thank you.

What is confusing to the client is when this message comes up EVEN THOUGH the client has no balance to use because (s)he never carries one and doesn't use this particular PayPal service.  Why tell such a customer 'we'll use your balance first' when there's not one to use in the first place--that's my point, and in my case, it made me wonder what is going on--'what balance???' 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.