We couldn't process your recurring payment

QLandlord
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Canada with a number of my customers signed up for recurring payments. For some of them i am getting the message "We couldn't process your recurring payment." A couple of customers are showing as "suspended" and three others as "active." Paypal does not give me info on what to say to the customers to resolve the problem. Cannot reach paypal on the phone (I'm directed to online help) and their email support has not been that helpful. Here is what they said via email support:

After I reviewed the account I can see here recurring payment with [NAME REMOVED] status suspended. I highly suggest advised this costumer to signed up again.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here the recurring payment still active.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here payment was denied, please advise this customer to contact his card provider.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here recurring payment still active.

This response did not help me very much in WHY the recurring payments have failed, why they were suspended, why they are unable to collect the active subscriptions, and what I should be saying to the customers. Two of my recurring payment customers who are Active tried to resolve the problem on their end to no avail. There is nothing in the help section on this

I feel like Paypal is leaving us in the dark as to what to do, and not providing sufficient tech support. The pandemic has been going on for 9 months and they are still using that as an excuse for bad customer service? Will the rapid rise in e-commerce they're likely making alot more revenue than before. They've had 9 months to sort it out like many other businesses have. If this keeps up I am going to have to look around for another payment processing provider. Anyone else have suggestions?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.