We couldn't process your recurring payment

Smithers33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I have just started receiving this message "We couldn't process your recurring payment" 

Does anybody know why?

I am slightly concerned I may have been hacked?

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

QLandlord
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me as well in Canada with a number of my customers who signed up for recurring payments. Paypal does not give me info on what to say to the customers to resolve the problem. Cannot reach paypal on the phone and their email support has not been that helpful. Here is what they said via email support:

After I reviewed the account I can see here recurring payment with [NAME REMOVED] status suspended. I highly suggest advised this costumer to signed up again.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here the recurring payment still active.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here payment was denied, please advise this customer to contact his card provider.

And for [NAME REMOVED] it shows here recurring payment still active.

This response did not help me very much in WHY the recurring payments have failed, why they are unable to collect, and what I should be saying to the customers. Two of my recurring payment customers who are Active tried to resolve the problem on their end to no avail. I feel like Paypal is leaving us in the dark as to what to do, and not providing sufficient tech support. If this keeps up I am going to have to look around for another payment processing provider. Anyone else have suggestions?

Login to Me Too

r55ux87
Contributor
Contributor

Started for me too.

Did you ever get a decent resolution to this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

QLandlord
Contributor
Contributor

No solution was found either on my own or through PayPal inquiries. After a lot of wasted time troubleshooting, I contacted the 4 customers affected and asked them to re-subscribe as if they were starting a new subscription. That solved it and everything has been fine since and that was a few months ago.

Login to Me Too

r55ux87
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for the update.  Sounds like a plan.

Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.