We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later

mattscarpa
New Community Member

Trying to refund two orders i canceled through ebay. When i click refund im getting this message " We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

You have to have enough balance in your PayPal account to do this. If not, you have to make a transfer in from your internet banking, using the details on the PayPal site about how to transfer in money. Why PayPal can't just take the funds from your debit card the same way they do when you make a purchase, I don't know. And why they don't tell you that when you try to issue a refund!! But I just tried it and it works.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattscarpa 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/common-questions-about-issuing-refunds-faq3214

Refunds can come from any funds in your paypal balance OR your linked bank account.

If there are techie reasons then try another browser or device?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Was trying to use the PayPal app to refund on an eBay order and came up with that error message. Used the website and refund went through.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.