We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time.

rajatkrgautamm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have made a new account on PayPal, linked my bank account and has successfully verified for a business account. I have also linked PayPal as a payment method on my website. But the problem, that my customers are facing is that they are not able to make the payment when they pay via debit/credit card on my website. So I tried paying by my own debit card to check & I got the same issue and was unable to complete the transaction, as shown in the screenshot.

Please help me solve this issue as it is very toxic for my online business.

Screenshot (45).png

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

rohitgilbile
Contributor
Contributor

Did you solved this issue ?
I am facing same issue. Regarding this I contact support team and they told me you need submit your documents (KYC).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello rajatkrgautamm and rohitgilbile. Thanks for taking the time to post your questions here in the PayPal Community Forum!

Based on the screenshot provided and the locations listed in your profiles, it appears you are both located in India. PayPal is required to ask customers to complete certain steps to fulfill regulatory and compliance obligations before it's possible to receive payments, so that might be what's causing the difficulty you mentioned.

PayPal's Security System also reviews every transaction and determines if it can be completed with the available payment methods. If not, a message such as the one in the screenshot will be displayed. Logging out, deleting the cookies and temporary internet files and waiting 24-48 hours before trying again may resolve the situation for customers who are trying to complete a purchase.

It's also possible a similar situation needs to be addressed by anyone trying to send a payment to you. The best thing to do is check your account notifications and check the Resolution Center to see if there are any outstanding requests for information or documents. It may also be helpful to suggest to your customers that they do the same.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

suze80899

the same issue i am facing with testing environment (sandbox/developer), what would be possible reason here. Account approved, Card details and account balance as provided by paypal for testing. only reason i could see here is, my account location in india and paying in dollar(USD). 

Login to Me Too

Vijeth
Contributor
Contributor

Even i am facing the same problem , did you find a solution? please help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Vijeth,

I am sorry about your issue. As explained in the previous post, to provide one of the safest online payment methods we review every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we may block the use of a particular card, a bank account or your balance if there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction. This is similar to the way your bank or credit card issuer approves transactions. Here are some things that you can do that may help. Please ensure that you are making your payment from your country of residence. If possible attempt to complete the payment from your home computer or the computer you most frequently use to access your PayPal account. If you have an unconfirmed card or a bank account registered on your PayPal account, please make sure to confirm them. Allow our systems 48 hours to clear any potential flags that might have tied up to your PayPal account.

Please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

shmeez

Hi Cristina,

There are obviously faster and cheaper ways to take payments from local country than to use Paypal. The only reason probably everyone or anyone takes up Paypal is to enable fluid payments coming in from other countries in other currencies.

Could you specify if an Indian/regional store will ever be able to accept payments from non-local customers in non local currency?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.