Wanted to cancel the payment done by credit card on paypal

khismatr
New Community Member

Hello there, I wanted to cancel the payment I made on PayPal. It was done by credit card and the very first time it was done then it was showing unauthorized transaction and there was a pop up that it is gonna take at least 24 hrs for the Paypal to reply. Then today I again made the payment thinking that the first one failed as the sender informed me. Then I got a reply from the sender that the payment was refunded from his side but in my side, it shows both the payments are successfully done. I informed Paypal that please refund me but no reply. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @khismatr. Thanks for posting your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. It sounds as though there's been a lot of back and forth with the payments you mentioned!

It's possible PayPal placed a hold on the original transaction, but the recipient thought PayPal refunded it. If PayPal's Security System thought the payment was unauthorized, a hold is placed automatically while we check things out.

Please look at all the recent transactions in your Activity. If the status says Completed, then PayPal sent the money to the recipient. If the status says Reversed or Refunded, then the money was returned to you.

Again, the recipient may be confused due to a hold, but that's not the same thing as a refund. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but it's not possible for PayPal to cancel a transaction once it's been submitted. If your Activity indicates you sent two payments to the same person, please get in touch with them and ask them to refund any duplicate payment.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.