Want to increase an automatic payment/donation to a charity

house-of-paws
Contributor
Contributor

I can't figure out a way to increase the amount of a monthly donation I've been making to a charity.  I asked this last month, but didn't receive any answers.  Can someone tell me how I do that?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@house-of-paws 

Go into Automatic Payments and cancel the charity's donation billing agreement. Then go back to the charity website to donate at the new amount and set it up as recurring donation. This will set up a new recurring billing agreement in your PayPal account.

Beats contacting PayPal or the organization to do it for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@house-of-paws 

Go into Automatic Payments and cancel the charity's donation billing agreement. Then go back to the charity website to donate at the new amount and set it up as recurring donation. This will set up a new recurring billing agreement in your PayPal account.

Beats contacting PayPal or the organization to do it for you.

Login to Me Too

house-of-paws
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @sharpiemarker 

I had thought that there must be a way to simply change the amount from my PP account ... but your solution will be almost as easy.  

Login to Me Too

house-of-paws
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how my response became the 'accepted solution'.  That definitely wasn't my intention.  LOL

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@house-of-paws wrote:

I don't know how my response became the 'accepted solution'.  That definitely wasn't my intention.  LOL

LOL that's alright. 😁

Login to Me Too

house-of-paws
Contributor
Contributor

I volunteer answering questions in the eBay Community ... and always wondered why/how OPs selected their own post as the 'solution'.  So now I know.  

😊

[I've also learned here that once a post is selected as the solution ... it can't be changed.]  Ah well.

Thanks again @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@house-of-paws 

I don't think there is a way to do that from our account though without contacting the vendor as they have access to the subscription/recurring payment plans. We can only change payment method or cancel on the billing agreement of the subscription/recurring payment plan.

Login to Me Too

house-of-paws
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I just discovered in the eBay Community how to 'undo' an Accepted Solution.  [You use the drop-down menu in the post and choose 'Not a solution'.]

Thought I'd mention it in case it's helpful on this site.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.