Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address

LittleBigFierce
New Community Member

Payments are on hold on my Woocommerce because of this message.

Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address 

I can't figure out how to get the payments processed so that I receive the money.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Ausworkshop
Contributor
Contributor

Same, it has something to do with the receiver email being different than your paypal account email (or something like that) problem is the only solution I found was to change it in Woocommerce settings which I tried to do as instructed but because I'm using an API I don't have that section.

In the mean time I might just remove PayPal as an option on my shopping cart. If it can't even figure out that I'm the same person and all those emails are linked to my paypal account (I remember doing it all years ago)

This API stuff has been confusing me for years, if they haven't made it easy and they don't even answer our questions on here then why continue to support the giants that ignore us.

I'm so sick of technical problems with all this stuff, we get no help yet they make so much money from us all as shop owners and we are the ones left having to spend all our time on this just so it works and they can fill their bank accounts again for doing nothing. WE DO ALL THE WORK

I noticed others ask this same question and the reply was about 3 months later and no help at all.  So typical. They wouldn't even give you the time of day if you asked them in the street. Rude arrogant and so so typical of this modern day we live in.

I'm about to give up on Ebay as well, very very soon, they all appear to do nothing to help us small business, then they have all these rules and don't communicate them well, I had a warning already, will probably get another and that'l be it. 14 years I've been dealing with this crap!

Login to Me Too

MasterIta
Contributor
Contributor

I just went through this same issue. What I needed to do was update my email address in the "WooCommerce" - "Settings" - "Payment" - "PayPal" - "Manage".  Update the email address where needed.  Make sure PayPal has the same address on file, under "Settings" - "My Business Info" - "Email".  

After this, I double checked and saw the payment had already went through as this email address was listed in my account already.  The error was from WooCommerce because their security featured changed the status to "On Hold" to let you know something fishy happened.  Something like your site being hacked and the payment email being changed to someone taking your client's payments.  

IF you didn't update your PayPal email before making the change, you might need to call them, but after you update the email address I would imagine it would release into your account shortly after.  But double check with them.  

Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

WaseemMian
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this and unfortunately it did not work for me - I changed the admin email in WP to match the same and still I am having the same problems.

Login to Me Too

albear
Contributor
Contributor

When executing a created billing agreement (sandbox) I get the error message 400 bad request. After digging into the response I see "Business_Validation_Error". No more useful info from PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.