VERY Serious issues just ignored by PayPal -

mk2zetec
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my primary paypal email address in June 2018 as I left a company. I added a new primary email address to my account and i've received transaction notifications and communications regularly.

On 2nd February i noticed that i hadnt had an email following some purchases. On checking my account Paypal have reinstated the email that i removed in June 2018. My last purchases were for a new web domain and equipment to set up in competition to my previous employer. These purchase confirmation emails have gone to my old email account, which is still live, and monitored by my old employer. I now have some significant potential problems.

I have spoken to paypal on three occasions. The first two operatives hung up, the first telling me that couldn't happen

The third time i waited 40 minutes for a supervisor and eventually spoke to Daragh. He was 'very concerned' and could see that something had happened. He told me that he had now permanently deleted my old email address. 'Permanently deleted' surely this happened when i removed it from my account?

No explanation as to how this old email address had reinstated itself on the account but according to Daragh there must be a bug in the PayPal API.

This is a shocking security and data protection breach. 

I was promised a call back 10 days ago. And I've received.... Nothing. No explanation. No contact. 

I want an explanation and an indemnity from PayPal that any issues caused by their security and data protection breach will be covered by them.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi mk2zetec,

I'm very sorry to hear about the email issue. Based on what you've said, I believe it would be best for you to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into this directly and figure out what happened, and ensure it doesn't happen again. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mk2zetec
Contributor
Contributor

I think you must be taking the **bleep** I ‘reached out’ on twitter and got no response. Why would I use Facebook ‘a social networking site’ to contact you? Surely to god with the nature of this complaint you should have ‘reached out’ to me via this amazing invention called a telephone! Especially as I’m still waiting for a call back that’s 11 days late. If this post is coming across like i’m Really angry then good. BECAUSE I AM!!

Login to Me Too

mk2zetec
Contributor
Contributor
And I’m really not interested in seeing I’ve ‘earned a badge for responding’! What a childish and patronising way to treat your customers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.