Using Paypal Balance from outside website

nhlboxbreaker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to buy a membership from a website. However when i try to pay for a membership it does not allow me to pay from my paypal balance (I have enough money in my balance is USD and CAD) instead trying to pay from my bank. I want to use my balance but that option does not come up. I even have my paypal account set up so it uses my balance first but still no option.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nhlboxbreaker 

When it displays the bank account, does it say that you are selecting a back up payment method? If you select balance to pay, a window will pop up asking for back up method. Read the fine print carefully as it explains this in a roundabout way. Or go to your wallet and select the PayPal balance as the preferred  method and try the payment again and it should ask for a back up method which would be your bank if that is what is showing. Select that after you read and understand what it is saying and after you complete payment, the payment details should say "Paid by PayPal Balance backed by Bank XXXX". Once the merchant captures the payment (a day or two) and the balance is enough to cover the purchase, the text will change to "Paid by PayPal Balance".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.