Using PayPal to pay a person that uses Venmo

BeaverDaveECV
New Community Member

I am trying to pay a person that uses Venmo. Can I do that with my PayPal account? If so what do I do?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi BeaverDaveECV,

We thank you for reaching out to us.

Your Venmo payments are handled in the same way as other PayPal transactions, and will be placed in your PayPal account. They are also subject to the same rules as other PayPal transactions, including the rules on holds. Please note that at launch, Venmo-funded payments will not be specially designated in your account history or reporting - they will look like regular PayPal transactions. We may add a special designation to your transaction history or reporting in the future.  

For additional information you may click the link :

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/venmo-and-my-paypal-account-faq3478?app=searchAutoComple...

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

janechriselea
New Community Member
I am trying to pay someone that uses Venmo. I do not use Venmo, only PayPal. Possible? How?
Login to Me Too

BSis2
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but this doesn’t help. It is about receiving Venmo payments. I want to use my PayPal to send to someone who has Venmo. I don’t have Venmo and she doesn’t have PayPal. This is personal, not business. Since PayPal owns Venmo it should be so easy.
Login to Me Too

BSis2
Contributor
Contributor
The link provided is not helpful
Login to Me Too

timbitandmuffin
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, thanks for the link but question remains unanswered.  Can I use my PayPal account to pay someone on Venmo?  I don't want to sign up for Venmo since PayPal owns Venmo - a reasonable question.

Login to Me Too

EMMAYY
Contributor
Contributor

Can't paypal just set up an interface so that those of us with Paypal can transfer to someone's Venmo?  You just set up a way to send money to a person's account in another country.  This should be easier.

Login to Me Too

re360

what about paypals encrypted key payment that is supposed to act like a credit card, can i add that to my venmo payment methods?

update: i was able to load it as a payment card but the transaction was declined for some reason. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.