Using PayPal Cash Plus

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to use it twice in the past month; once on ebay and once today to order magazines. The option to use my cash balance doesn't show up when  the page to choose payment pops up, but no PayPal Preferred when wanting to pay for an item.  Only the credit cards and bank. Why can't I pay using my Paypal Cash Plus????? I'm losing out on limited time products and I'm getting furious! 

I asked this question before but never got an answer. PLEASE ANSWER THIS TIME.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_JonK

Hello @micsha,

Welcome back! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear your Cash Plus account hasn't been operating as expected. When you go to pay on a website with your email address and password registered with PayPal, you may not see your Cash Card to pay with, but you should see your PayPal balance (which is what your Cash Card pulls from). Here's also a really great Help Center article that covers What is my preferred payment method and how can I change it?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing shows except my bank and my credit card. Cash doesn't show. Balance doesn't show. I want to buy 2 great magazines from their website. I click on the "Pay with Paypa"l and my options are my bank and my credit card.  I have enough to pay for these magazines in PayPal without going through my bank or credit card so why can't I? Cash is my preferred payment in my account.  This isn't the only time I've tried to pay for something with PayPal Cash and I couldn't. Why should I be forced to use a credit card or my bank balance (which usually is lower than my PayPal balance?  I wound up the other month paying for an item with my credit card, a lousy $12. This is crazy!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@micsha,

I understand. My apologies for the inconvenience I can tell this is causing. To fully resolve this I suggest reaching out to our Customer Support via phone, Facebook via instant message, or Twitter via direct message. They'll be able to dive into this more in-depth than we are able to here. Thank you for your patience and best wishes!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

tammyjs
Contributor
Contributor

This does not answer my question or address the problem. It said to use Facebook messages and it is robotic and just keeps saying "don't understand". It's ridiculous that I can't get an answer. 

Login to Me Too

micsha
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but I have PayPal balance as my preferred payment option BUT it still takes the payments from my credit card. I'm trying to pay DOWN my credit card, not add to it!  I just got my new statement and even though I had enough to pay a purchase or two, it still charged my credit card, yet now i have no PayPal balance, too. On my last purchase, I was a little short and the short came out of my bank account, like it usually does BUT that same purchase was charged to my credit card.  For example, I purchased $29 on ebay using my balance of $25, knowing it would take the short from my bank. I have two monthly  charges on my credit card which is $40...but when I received my statement, my purchases were over $70, plus $0 balance in PayPal, but I had $25 before my purchases. I'm, therefore, double paying for items. This is NOT RIGHT!!!

What is going on???? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.