Using Discover/PayPal when vendor doesn’t accept Discover

Looking4Answer1
Contributor
Contributor
Trying to figure out if I am able to use my Discover card through PayPal to purchase with a vendor who accepts PayPal but does not accept Discover. (Have a balance on the Discover I would need to pay down to make the payment as it is fairly large and would like to know before I attempt to pay this down) Does anyone know how this purchase registers on the sellers end? (Ie as a PayPal purchase, a Discover purchase, or both?) Thank you 🙏
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Looking4Answer1 

Seller does not know what funding source the sender used to pay when paying through PayPal (except for echecks), all the seller are concerned with is receiving payment which is all it will show on the seller's end.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Looking4Answer1 

Seller does not know what funding source the sender used to pay when paying through PayPal (except for echecks), all the seller are concerned with is receiving payment which is all it will show on the seller's end.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Looking4Answer1
Contributor
Contributor
Just spoke with customer service on the phone and they unfortunately said the seller can detect card method of payment on their end. Sigh... 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.