Used the wrong card

Alexr987
Contributor
Contributor

So i was using paypal to deposit on leovegas thinking it was going to use my credit as it never asked if i wanted to use the cards it just processed without asking now i spent quite abit of money on a card which wasnt mine it was resisted to a family member how can i change this so they can get the money back as i dont have it in my own account now  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexr987

Normally you can't use another persons card on your paypal account as the billing address of the card has to match the billing address of the paypal account......so it may be declined. If not then if its marked as completed then you can't change it now you have paid.

You can 'change' the funding source during the paypal checkout process OR have you set your preferred funding source??

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alexr987
Contributor
Contributor

The card was on my account already for other purchases but i never set it as preferred way to pay and no when i went to checkout with paypal it didnt ask if i wanted to use this card or that card or paypal credit it just went straight to payment and completed it i never knew till i looked on paypal it was using the wrong funding   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.