Used PayPal credit for christmas shopping, but it was deducted from my bank account.

CharlesIngalls
New Community Member
I set Paypal credit as my default payment method and decided to use it for christmas shopping. I bought quite a few gifts, and some made me log into paypal and select credit and some made the transaction without making me log in. All purchases except for one came out of my bank account instead of PayPal credit and i'm now negative $500. I KNOW i checked out using PayPal credit when i had to choose, and im certain it is my default for the others. I've called customer service several times... every single time they end up getting a confused tone and say "excuse me sir while i investigate this further. I am going to put you on hold. Please stay on the line." I get 2 seconds of hold music and then they hang up. Every single time. Does anyone have any advice?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @CharlesIngalls,

Welcome to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear a set of recent transactions did not go as planned. I can certainly understand how concerning that can be. Unfortunately, the funding source cannot be changed once the transaction has started in any situation. The only recommendation I can make is to work with the merchants to see if they are able to issue a refund and charge a new set of transactions under your PayPal Credit. 

If you'd like to discuss this further with our Customer Support, they're also available via Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.