Use of AMEX card on PayPal

melibear
New Community Member

My AMEX was greyed out when I tried to pay for airline tickets today.  Is there something going on that I'm not aware of in regard to my credit card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @melibear,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that your preferred payment method is not available. That is understandably frustrating. PayPal's algorithms and your card issuer may deny a transaction is it is considered high-risk or if the information is not current. I would double-check the card information on your account and ensure that you are logged into your PayPal account from a secure and familiar device without the use of VPNs. 

You can also attempt to complete the payment as a guest but I think it is always better to complete the payment through your PayPal account. It is easier to review and dispute a transaction when it is completed through PayPal. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.