Use: (Gift address) (hidden)

Af14
Contributor
Contributor
I have an enquire in relation to a PayPal account where by certain purchases are recorded as use - gift address - hidden. What does this mean?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Stef9119
Contributor
Contributor

As I am now finding out, it means they will now auto populate those "hidden gift addresses" - which you can't delete or even see - as your mailing/shipping address and instead of sending items to your primary address you will have, for instance, a $350 purchase that is suddenly being sent to JoAnn Fabric or Home Depot instead of the one and only primary address you have listed on your account. Unfortunately, the only ones with the power to delete these wonderful "hidden gift addresses" are the Paypal representatives whom are a pain to contact! Took forever to locate the email address page for customer service:

www.paypal.com/bt/smarthelp/contact-us?email=privacy

here's hoping they know what I'm talking about and how to do it, because someone else mentioned that they tried to call Paypal and the representative on the phone had no idea what they were even talking about when they asked about deleting the addresses! 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.