Upgrading to Pro from Standard: Can buttons and self-hosted integrated forms work side-by-side?

driven13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all.

We run a small WordPress site powered by S2Member.

So far we have been using PayPal Standard with no issues.

We now want to upgrade to forms that reside on our site and the user never has to leave our site for the payment part.

S2Member requires us to upgrade to PayPal/PayFlow Pro in order for that to work.

Questions:

1.) AFTER THE UPGRADE, will the current S2Member buttons for PayPal work without making any changes...???  In other words, will this upgrade be seamless...???  What we are trying to avoid is the buttons throwing an error whenever we make the switch to PayPal Pro.

2.) AFTER THE UPGRADE, do we have to change the PayPal credentials inside S2Member..??  I ask because currently, we have added PayPal Merchant ID, API Username, Password, Signature for the buttons to work.  Will any of these need to change after we move to PayPal Pro....???

I am a little confused about how both of these components (buttons and forms) will work side-by-side and don't want to torpedo the current process that works well, when we make this upgrade to PayPal Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Ciaran

1 - No PayPal Pro/Payflow is completely different to Standard. So the PayPal standard buttons will not work with Pro unless you modify the code on those buttons. 

2 - No, the API username/password/signature are whats needed for Pro transactions, so if they are there already you should be good to go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.