Upgrade to business account?

Rachael195
I have been told I need to upgrade to a business account to receive a payment of £290, is this correct??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

temp20191226
Pending status is normal then paying with a bank account at checkout via paypal. If you have former/specific doubts about your transaction, give PP a call and ask an agent to check the payment is ok, also, tel him/her to check of the email you received is a valid mail from PayPal, as they can check your PP mail directly from your account. If this satisfies your questions, set this thread as solved 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

temp20191226
No. Requirements for receiving funds on your PP account are: Having your email verified and accepting the money in the currency its been sent, or making a currency conversion at the moment of acceptance to receive the funds in USD.
Login to Me Too

Rachael195
Thank you for getting back to me so quick! So the email I received from paypal saying I needed £310 more given by the person purchasing was not from paypal? (The person buying the item had to pay me £600 for me to receive my £290)
Login to Me Too

temp20191226
No prob. The description you make from this email is suspicious. Does it greet you with your full name? It might be a spoof mail. PP will never ask for a missing part of a transaction, nor will they accept someone to pay for a product with 2 transactions.
Login to Me Too

Rachael195
Yes, Do you think it's something the buying has done? And their payment is still pending.
Login to Me Too
Solved

temp20191226
Pending status is normal then paying with a bank account at checkout via paypal. If you have former/specific doubts about your transaction, give PP a call and ask an agent to check the payment is ok, also, tel him/her to check of the email you received is a valid mail from PayPal, as they can check your PP mail directly from your account. If this satisfies your questions, set this thread as solved 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rachael195 

Its a SCAM, they send you spoof paypal emails saying you have to upgrade and have a certain amount paid to open that business account and then you get that back + the payment..............ignore its a scam. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.