Unverified Paypal user wants his cash AND what does accept or decline do?

user696
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have an unverified Paypal account (note: I don't have a bank account due to many reasons and won't be able to get one for a while). Someone just paid me for an item. Once I recieved payment, Paypal said I would probably have to wait 21 days for the payment to clear. Their exact words were: "

Payments you receive from buyers are now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable.

If you do nothing, this money will automatically be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days

"

I am *totally* fine with this. I am not in a hurry to get the cash and more than willing to wait for it to clear.  But there is another issue I am noticing and I'm wondering what I should do. Or if I do nothing what will happen?

I took a screenshot and attached it below to show you exactly what I am seeing as far as this Accept or Decline payment message. The issue is I can't Accept it because you need to be verified. And if I Deny it I would assume the payment would go back to the sender. I definitely do not want to do that. I was under the impression that anyone (verified or unverified) could receive cash, there was a limit but you could still get paid somehow.

Can anyone clear this up for me so I don't have to find out how to call PayPal. I'd rather not if I could get these questions answered. 🙂

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.