Unsuccessfully trying to pay a money request

Kerry-T
New Community Member

I hope someone can help me!  I have created a Paypal account, added a card and confirmed it, and it is showing as linked to my account.  I have been trying all day to pay a money request for £25.  I click on the "Pay Now" link in the money request which was emailed to me by the seller, and choose the "paying for an item or service" tab.  Immediately I get a pop up message with an exclamation mark and the message "Sorry, please try again later.

If the issue persists, contact Customer Service." I have tried numerous times, throughout the day, with the same result.  I have searched the Paypal customer service pages but found nothing.  Please, can anyone help?  TIA.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kerry-T
New Community Member

Just to add, I've deleted my browser's cookies and cache and it made no difference.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Kerry-T,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble making your purchase. If you're unable to initiate the payment and you've already tried clearing your cache and cookies, you may need to reach out to us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look into this and see what we can find out. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.