Unresolved PayPal / eBay Payment Issue

aroh7
New Community Member

Just as a disclaimer as to why I am asking this question here on the forum... I have been tossed back and forth between eBay and PayPal customer support multiple times now with each group blaming the other. I don't know how this issue began but I had an issue with my PayPal and eBay accounts linking several weeks ago and I finally resolved the issue and my backlogged payments from PayPal and eBay cleared and I received my money... except three orders that PayPal and eBay have informed me have been refunded back to the buyer, even though I shipped the item when I was told the payment was sent. Both PayPal and eBay (over the course of 4 calls/chats) have told me the other party is at fault and to contact them. eBay did tell me to contact the buyer to have them repay... is that an option on that platform? I know that's more a question for the eBay subreddit so I'll post this there as well. Any insight will be greatly appreciated before I sit on the PayPal customer service line for another hour. Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aroh7 

Any funds would show on the buyers side as unclaimed if you hadn't got your paypal account correctly linked with ebay.

So the buyers may have had a cancel option which they used OR if you had not accepted the payments they would have timed out and been returned to the buyers at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.