Unknown paypal payment reference

Scottcrussell
Contributor
Contributor

I have money that has left my bank account with a paypal reference - but I can't find that transaction in my paypal activity.  How can I find out what this payment is and who it has gone to?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scottcrussell 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scottcrussell 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flynnboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have today seen a payment from my bank account of 47.27 Euro and it does not show in my PP transactions. I have not authorised any payments of this amount either today or recently. The information in my bank statement says it has gone to SARL et Cie - which appears to be PP ? But I have not authorised any such payment. Has anyone had a similar experience ?

Login to Me Too

Harbourlady
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same thing happened. There is no activity showing om my paypal summary but my bank has a paypal ref. How did it work out for you?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.