Unknown notation meaning of "split this"

Maax
Contributor
Contributor

On several, but not all, of my eBay transaction listings I see a notation in blue "split this".  

What is the meaning of "split this".

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maax 

The Split this function is to have someone else fund part of the payment for something you've purchased afterwards.

For example:

You & your siblings are going in together on a large gift for your parents.

You make the purchase & pay using your Paypal account. 

Once the payment transaction is in your Paypal account, you can use the SPLIT THIS function to send a money request to each of your siblings' email addresses, so they can reimburse you for their individual portions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maax 

The Split this function is to have someone else fund part of the payment for something you've purchased afterwards.

For example:

You & your siblings are going in together on a large gift for your parents.

You make the purchase & pay using your Paypal account. 

Once the payment transaction is in your Paypal account, you can use the SPLIT THIS function to send a money request to each of your siblings' email addresses, so they can reimburse you for their individual portions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maax
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying to my question.  Have used PayPal for years and just recently noticed this notation on some but not all of my transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.