Unknown depth on PayPal

Dawie2
New Community Member
Hi, a strange thing has occurred for me where I've paid someone for a parcel using PayPal and the total amount was taken out of my bank account through PayPal. Then about 2 days later the same amount was tried to be taken out of my bank again however no error or anything from the first transaction occurred when I first paid the person and they did receive the funds as I've asked them if there was any problem with that payment which they've said the transaction went through for them. Currently it says that my PayPal balance is on a negative amount and the money which came out of my bank account through PayPal (which is seen on bank statement) never came back to my bank/PayPal and I now have to pay off that amount... Is there any sort of way to sort this out? Or do I just have to pay the extra amount in?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Divya

Hi Dawie2,

Thank you contacting us and welcome to our community. I am sorry to know that you have negative balance on the account. Generally, this happens when the transaction was completed and we are unable to debit the amount from your linked funding source(s) due to any issue like insufficient balance/ system issue at their end. We recommend you to have a check on the account activity if there is any other transaction which has used the same funding source on the same day or earlier than this. For further help, we need you to contact us via call, email or social media like Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps

Divya

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.