Unknown Payapl payment on credit card statement

Nancy51
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a payment to PayPal on my AMEX statement that does not correspond to anything in my PayPal transaction summary online.

I cannot remember what the purchase was for - how do I validate the entry, the resolution centre only works with transactions that are already listed in the PayPal transaction summary - so are no use in this instance.

Thank you to anyone that can help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nancy51 wrote:

Hi,

I have a payment to PayPal on my AMEX statement that does not correspond to anything in my PayPal transaction summary online.

I cannot remember what the purchase was for - how do I validate the entry, the resolution centre only works with transactions that are already listed in the PayPal transaction summary - so are no use in this instance.

Thank you to anyone that can help!

The merchant could be using PayPal as a credit card processor via point of sale so the transaction would not be on your PayPal Account online. Call the card issuer to determine what this charge is.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nancy51
New Community Member

Thanks.

I have subsequently worked out that the payment corresponds to an ebay purchase. 

So I think you are correct, eBay are accessing my AMEX credit card via PayPal and the transaction is not showing on the PayPal transaction summary.

Nancy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.