Unknown Fee Taken Out Of Received Money

KRobrock
New Community Member

Hello! I received a payment for a service, but a fee was taken out of my money and I do not know why. There was no explanation, and I feel I have had that money stolen from me by PayPal with no consent on my part and no knowledge from the person who paid me the money as to why. If it was "Goods & Services" instead of "Friends & Family", shouldn't the fee have been placed on the sender, not the receiver? Can someone help me understand and hopefully get my money back?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KRobrock

If you are selling goods OR a service then you pay a fee.

Its against Paypal rules to sell and accept a friend / family payment and if you do so then you risk your Paypal account being suspended.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Celia6
New Community Member
Hello, this has also happened to me - although I chose friends and family to send money to my friend she had money deducted and no reason given. also it’s hapiened twice and a different amount was deducted each time. Based on the response above, I suspect PayPal recognized a pattern and decided it was actually a sale. Could this be the case for you?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

not enough information.

there are other fees as well

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.