Unfair decision: benefiting malicious buyers

Rafa13
Contributor
Contributor

I sold at Ebay an item from China to US (handling shipping time configured at the listing: 15 working days). But after 3 days from order, the buyer opened a PayPal dispute saying they did not receive the item. So PayPal closed the case in his favor and returned the his payment. Is it correct? Let me please know. Case ID: PP-D-42891517

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Rafa13
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. Thank you a lot for your info. I surely will try this. However, I still find it strange that PayPal decided the case just 12 days after the buyer's Ebay order. Such buyer is in US and my items in China. Certainly some time it is necessary for delivering a goods from China to US. And I'm sure 12 calendar days is too little. A hasty and disastrous decision, in my view.  But I will try to follow your valuable tip. Regards; 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rafa13 

If shipment tracking status does not say "delivered", PayPal will rule against you. Keep checking on the tracking and once you see "delivered" status, call customer service to appeal the case. eBay and PayPal dispute programs are different. If the estimated delivery date has not passed, buyer can't file a eBay dispute but on PayPal they can. Since PayPal and eBay are separate companies, I don't believe PayPal checks the eBay listing, they just go by the dispute policy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Rafa13
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. Thank you a lot for your info. I surely will try this. However, I still find it strange that PayPal decided the case just 12 days after the buyer's Ebay order. Such buyer is in US and my items in China. Certainly some time it is necessary for delivering a goods from China to US. And I'm sure 12 calendar days is too little. A hasty and disastrous decision, in my view.  But I will try to follow your valuable tip. Regards; 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.